Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Thomas Family

Last weekend John and I went to Charlottesville for UVA's graduation. It was great to be back and while we were there I had the opportunity to photograph a few families. It was a busy weekend so make sure to keep checking in this week to see some adorable portraits!
The first family I got to photograph was the Thomas family. While John finished up his PhD I did quite a bit of babysitting, and the Thomases were one of the families I spent the most time with. Ben and Karen are very dedicated to making sure they get plenty of time alone, so they made sure they had a weekly date night. I met the Thomas family at the Monticello Walking Trail, which is full of lovely trees that made for interesting backdrops and gorgeous lighting. We just let the kids play around picking flowers and berries, hiding-out and of course tackling one another, as well as, their parents. The Thomases have a great time together, you can tell the kids were having a blast! Here are a few of my favorites from the day...

Beautiful Hannah...Jake the clown...

Oggie the wild man...
Ben and Karen (proof that date nights pay off)...It was so wonderful to be with the Thomas family again. Thanks guys for letting me capture your adorable family!

2 comments:

Kristen Gardner Photography said...

What a lovely family! These images are so beautiful. I really like the lighting in the first and last photos of the entire family. Lashelle, you did such an awesome job!

Sara Gahan said...

I agree--these are beautiful, Shelle!!