Saturday, December 20, 2008

Five Years: our anniversary

Today is John and I's 5 year wedding anniversary! I can't believe we have been married for 5 years, it feels like it has flown by. To celebrate, last weekend we went to Asheville and stayed at the wonderful Bittersweet Cottage. As you can see from the photos I took at sunset from our suite, it was gorgeous! We had a very low-key weekend just eating good food, reading by the fire and admiring our breathtaking view. It was wonderful and a much needed break after a busy season of work and before the craziness of the holidays and having a baby ensue. John and I are both HUGE chocolate lovers, so we did venture out on Saturday afternoon to indulge at French Broad, an amazing little chocolate cafe in downtown Asheville. I highly recommend it. We are still working on the delicious box of truffles we brought home as a souvenier.
Anyways, I just wanted to wish my amazing husband a happy anniversary. I am so grateful for the wonderful years we have spent together. Thank you, John, for all of the laughter, comfort, strength and joy you have given me. Thank you for walking through the depths with me. You are so much more than my husband, you are truly my best friend. I am so thankful for these last seven years together (five of marriage) and can't wait to walk with you through the new adventures that the next five years will bring us. I love you with all of my heart!

3 comments:

Sara Gahan said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY JOHN AND LASHELLE!!! LOVE YOU BOTH!!!

Mary said...

Happy Anniversary! We honeymooned in Ashville. It is beautiful there!

Kristen Gardner Photography said...

Happy Anniversary! Love you guys. :)